A Brentwood (Essex) firm of agricultural implement makers (formerly Burgess & Key) established in 1855 to make McCormick reapers. In 1910 they produced a water-cooled motor mower with ribbed land wheels. This machine was sold in 24 and 30 inch widths, and the selling price of just under £50 made it highly competitive. After World War 1 they pioneered the use of motor-conversion kits for the larger manual and pony mowers, but had gone out of business by the end of the 1930s. Also manufacturers of the "Bee" powered mower c1922.