Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

ATCO 12" Push Mower Series 1264

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

Hi folks.

I am trying to obtain a bit more information on the ATCO 12" Series 1264 Push Mower which dates from the 1960s?. I see there was a Deluxe version. Does anyone know what the difference was between the 'standard' model and the 'Deluxe' version please?

Thanks for any information received.

Regards.

Rob

Clive1997 Mon, 27/05/2019

Hi Rob

Where did you see reference to the de-luxe, below is a copy of their 1964 leaflet which states that it is their full range, they do indicate that the 12in push mower is 'New' I am assuming yours is from 1964, is 1264 stamped on it?

RansomesRob Mon, 27/05/2019

Hi Clive.

Thanks for your reply along with the info. I do not have the mower (i am pondering a purchase). I have seen one on Ebay and there is a restored one for sale on the British Lawnmower Museum website  which is described as an Atco Deluxe six blade Hand Mower and I wondered if the one on Ebay was a Deluxe model or not. They look very similar but I thought i would ask the question on a forum to see if there was a 'standard' and a 'deluxe' version of the mower. Regards. Rob 

Clive1997 Mon, 27/05/2019

Hi Rob

If its the original looking one for £12.70 I wouldn't be tempted to restore it has more value as it is.

The 1964 brochure says "simple screwdriver adjustment' perhaps having the has adjuster makes it a de-luxe? Also it doesn't mention ribbed roller?, perhaps those refinements came later.  

The main difference between the one above & the restored one for sale is £480!!!!!! Not sure who's buying them at that figure.

RansomesRob Mon, 27/05/2019

Thanks again Clive for the additional detailed info, more than appreciated. Cheers. Rob