Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

Bottom blade for Webb AB1476 18 inches six holes

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.
Hello, this is my first post on the site. First of all can you grant me a little indulgence for my English, often from automatic translators!
I am restoring a Webb 18 "1476 mower, I will post photos soon. I have redone the clutches, changed all the bearings. The 18 inch 6-hole bottom blade is sharpened at an angle, and requires its replacement. Cannot find the part. Garfitts does not respond, Central spares did not, I found a Dutch site with this part, but still nothing after 2 months. Is there not an adaptable part from another brand? consider making this part with a sharpener?, a bit like a planer blade, but thinner and with a little hollow behind the edge. If you have suggestions or remarks, thank you.

Forums

dcpd_truck Fri, 15/05/2020

Hello, this is my first post on the site.

the text of my last message truncated :

here it is complete :

First of all can you grant me a little indulgence for my English, often from automatic translators!
I am restoring a Webb 18 "1476 mower, I will post photos soon. I have redone the clutches, changed all the bearings. The 18 inch 6-hole bottom blade is sharpened at an angle, and requires its replacement.

The cutting cylinder is conical (1 mm) and we continued to sharpen the bottom blade instead of grinding the cylinder ??

Cannot find the part. Garfitts does not respond, Central spares did not, I found a Dutch site with this part, but still nothing after 2 months. Is there not an adaptable part from another brand? consider making this part with a sharpener?, a bit like a planer blade, but thinner and with a little hollow behind the edge. If you have suggestions or remarks, thank you.

dcpd_truck

jean-paul (France)

wristpin Sat, 16/05/2020

I believe that it was W25937 or F016W25937 but try Honda part 72510-WW2-888. Honda sold some  own brand cylinder mowers but some were made by WEBB. On a UK site it is listed at £44 + tva !!

dcpd_truck Mon, 18/05/2020

Hallo Wristpin, vielen Dank für diese Informationen, mit denen ich meine Suche neu starten kann. Ich habe eine site.de gefunden, aber das Teil wird nicht mehr geliefert. Ich habe auch meinen Honda-Händler gefragt, noch keine Antwort. Ich habe die britische Website, über die Sie sprechen, nicht gefunden. Ist es möglich, die Informationen privat zu haben?

wristpin Mon, 18/05/2020

Hallo Wristpin, vielen Dank für diese Informationen, mit denen ich meine Suche neu starten kann. Ich habe eine site.de gefunden, aber das Teil wird nicht mehr geliefert. Ich habe auch meinen Honda-Händler gefragt, noch keine Antwort. Ich habe die britische Website, über die Sie sprechen, nicht gefunden. Ist es möglich, die Informationen privat zu haben?

Just what I thought !!!!  sad

dcpd_truck Sun, 28/06/2020

<pre data-placeholder="Traduction" dir="ltr" id="tw-target-text">
Good morning all,
news from my search for bottom blade for webb 18 &quot;.
Honda side, unable to find the part (discontinued).
After much research, I found 2 suppliers, I allow myself to quote them, they were not easy to find! :
&gt; the mowercentre in uk, for an original blade,
&gt; meadowparts in uk for remanufacturing from the old blade. I will mount the original blade on the support, I will take some photos.
Following this, I will sharpen the whole, because the cylinder is very conical, the mower mounted on a machine. Not very easy to find in France, these mowers occupy a marginal place, apart from the golf courses; This is a case that is ending, thank you all for the interest and the help provided.
See you soon.</pre>