Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

Qualcast Eclipse 320 Motor Parts wanted

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

I am getting an old Eclipse 320 to work again to be of use, and have run into a problem, its bearings were shot (all four) this I can manage but the motor top cap has cracked.

I have seen these motors at extreme cost, and not worthy for this expense for such a sadly modern plastic item.

What I am asking for is :-

Has anyone got lurking about a faulty used one for this model in a workshop or bin, with its top cap intact even with duff bearings, these have to be ground out anyway to fit a new bearing.

I have seen a variety of part numbers all show a belt pinion on its motor shaft held with a pin, this one uses a splined push on version.

Will add pictures ASAP

Thank you from David........

Forums

Deltatango Wed, 26/08/2020

Thanks for the tip but I have been scouring around but I think this such a cheap model there are not many spares left and those that do exist are priced as such.

I know this is perhaps a "lame" excuse for a lawnmower compared to those shown on your website, sadly people I once knew in garden machinery are no more so are many companies, as I see some web links on your site are up for sale.

I remember visiting one place he had a stack of motors for the Qualcast Rota-Mini which I still got one, and hanging on his walls Flymo two stroke body shells like some hunters trophy display, and was told they liked to vibrate their way through its engine mounts.

The point being this mowers salvation is either me bonding its top cap with high tensile/heat epoxy putty which I think will hold it, or if anyone see's this and knows a person who like me kept old faulty parts around to scavenge items from.

I will of course pay shipping etc............

Thanks from David