Differences have been observed in a number of components.
- The colour of the grass box, olive green, lime green and latterly apple green in colour
- The colour of the blade alignment lever – black or maroon bakelite
- Differences in the clips covering the oil holes on the transmission cover
- Different style of hand grips fitted – earlier ones had the John Bull oval grips
- Differences in the cylinder blade spiders and blade thickness/style
- The style of lettering in the grass deflector casting and the background to the lettering.