Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

Cylinder grinder - “The Dual” serial no 4550

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

Just in process of buying the above grinder.  Owner states it needs a new 'flexible drive,'. He has a spare drive for his own Express Dual 2000.  Thinks it may fit.  I have contacted the parts supplier and waiting on a reply.

Has anybody any experience re the flexible drive shaft. It is a large rubber tube with a metal insert, like a speedo cable.

Forums

hortimech Mon, 26/04/2021

I didn't think the version shown in the picture used the flexible drive shaft, I thought it was only used by later versions. Though there was a flexi drive that fitted through a pulley driven by a small motor that was on top of the grinder deck. I suppose it could have been retrofitted or a version I have never seen, Bernhard's were always updating them. A few better pictures will undoubtedly help.

It is hard to see, but is it fitted with the foot operated clamp mechanism ?

The chain that is hanging in a bow, shouldn't be.

Will Tue, 27/04/2021

I'd brace yourself for any pricing from Bernhard, their prices are eyewatering......!

Martinm Tue, 21/06/2022

Apologies for not replying..  I am going to view another Dual today and an Express Dual next week.  Does the Dual have the clamping mechanism at rear.  What issues should I look out for..  Thanks

M.