Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

ATCO 12" Push Mower Model 1264

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

Hi folks. Would anyone be able to help me out with the production years for my ATCO push mower please. I have a copy of the 1964 ATCO sales brochure (Thanks Clive!!) and it appears in that but not sure when it appeared on the market and when it ceased being produced. Thanks as always for any help. Regards. Rob

gtc Tue, 27/08/2019

Unfortunately, official information on Atcos is hard to find. It appears that all/most of the company's internal documentation was lost or destroyed during its numerous changes of owner. The stuff we do have tends to be from the private collections of former dealers, repairers, etc.

Clive1997 Tue, 27/08/2019

Just checked out a main dealers advertisements & looks to have first appeared in 1964 & can find no references after 1969.

RansomesRob Tue, 27/08/2019

Hi gtc, Clive. Many thanks for your replies which are very much appreciated. Shame so much information has been lost on some of these wonderful old mowers. Heard the same thing about the records of JP mowers of Leicester. Thanks again both, maybe not too many of my ATCO 1264 about if there was only a 5 year production run. Enjoy your day. Regards. Rob