Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

Suffolk Punch 30S


I am trying to find a replacement pull/push petrol tap for my lawnmower.  There are plenty of replacement taps on the market which turn off and on but I find that after a short while they do not operate reliably. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the original push pull tap?

Many thanks.


villiers98 Fri, 21/08/2020

If it is the red/white plastic type I thought these were still available (check pipe size 3/16 or 1/4-  1/4 are often black tap body) but not very good quality so leaves you with the same problem

If its the brass Ewarts type  tap new corks are available from classic motorcycle parts dealers (  I used Hitchcocks last time ) again check diameter of cork

EDIT - I see only the twist ones seem to now be available. An old established mower repairer may still have some. If  you still have the old one take the plunger out and put in a cup of boiling water for 20 mins to swell the cork, and leave some fuel in the tank. This can make them work ok for a while longer I find