Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers


Today we went to a "Bring and Buy Sale," and bought a small fuel cap with "R (logo) S" on it.

Does anybody know the manufacturer?

I know these are at least fitted on Ransomes "Light Motor Lawn Mowers,"  (Ransomes Minor & others)  with Villiers 2 stroke.


Superscavenge Tue, 03/05/2016

I believe R*S were manufactures of brass fittings. You see a lot of their products on stationary engines. Brass taps, oilers and such like. Their products come up from to time in the Stationary Engine Magazine. I think the R may stand for Rotherham. I will have to look through my back issues

Mowing Wurzel Tue, 03/05/2016

Thank's for the message.


I shall have to go to the Library and look in some old trade directories.